We offer many different mounting brackets and accessories for mounting a power supply to your pedalboard. Because procedure differs from frame to frame, we have compiled a number of charts, showing you how to install the different models of power supplies.
Only pedalboard/power supply combination that does not need any additional parts or drilling is Voodoo Lab Dingbat pedalboard used with Voodoo Lab power supplies. Necessary screws are provided with the pedalboard.
– Pedaltrain BRKT-2 brackets are attached to Voodoo Lab power supplies with the power supply’s own screws. The brackets come with the correct screws for mounting them on the pedalboard.
For Cioks power supplies you use either Pedaltrain’s Universal Mounting Kit brackets, Cioks’ own screws (that come with the PSU), or black 3M Dual Lock SJ3551 tape. In the picture, power supplies are mounted beneath the T-Rex frame with SJ3551 Dual Lock.
– Smaller Cioks power supplies come with a cardboard template showing you where to drill the mounting holes.
– Here you can see picture of Cioks power supply mounted underneath Pedaltrain with Cioks' own screws.
– The installations in all charts are from underneath the frames. You can, of course, also mount any power supply on top of your board using clear 3M Dual Lock SJ-3560 tape. Cioks units have a coarse finish, which means you should use the black 3M Dual Lock SJ3551 tape meant for rough surfaces.
– You should pad out the space between Pedaltrain’s Universal Mounting Kit brackets and the power supply chassis with two pieces of 3M Dual Lock (any type will do). This will make for a tighter, snugger fit, and fill the empty gaps.
You can use these brackets to install anything beneath the board, as long as the equipment’s height fits. It is easy to bend brackets by hand according which decives you have mounted underneath the board.
– Cioks offers additional Mounting Kit for Pedaltrain frames, which will raise the frame to fit a number of different power supplies. Our charts show only installations without these risers.
Once you’ve chosen the right power supply for your frame, and once you’ve added the mounting brackets, you can start installing the power supply on your pedalboard. In this tutorial, we will attach Voodoo Lab power supply underneath Pedaltrain frame using BRKT-2 brackets.
If a pedal isn’t equipped with a standard power connector, you can use the Battery snap Cable to connect the power supply. Depending on the pedal’s collectability and the type of housing, you could use a small file to make a small channel in the casing to prevent the power cable from being pinched between the casing and the base plate.
If needed, mark the power supply cables with bits of masking tape, too. This will make connecting the right plug to the right effect even easier.
POWER SUPPLY CABLE will be left dangling loose beneath the frame for the time being, so finding the right output is quite easy. Should you have any doubts about a cable, simply double-check.
For pedals with exotic power requirements and/or non-standard connectors, you can also install a power strip of two or three Schuko-outlets to the underside of your pedalboard. This will make it possible to use the original power supplies for these effects.
The Schuko-sockets will power the pedalboard’s PSU as well, and they will be fed by the AC-power cable in your cable loom, without the need for additional cables.
If you shop from outside the European Union, you will see all prices VAT 0 % at the checkout.
Gibraltar, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland
Rest of the world